Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hospital play is finished!!!!!

Finally, hospital play is finished!!!! Yay!!! Well to be honest my kiddos didn't do great but they didn't do bad. They didn't sit nicely and they were laughing when they shouldn't, but they knew their lines and acted it out so it could have been worse. They parents seemed to be okay about it except one, but they were mad at their kid not behaving so what can you do. I had to catch up on all the books we have been skipping so they could practice. They were so sick of script and book work by the end of the week. I felt bad so I bought them pizza on Friday! They plowed through 5 pizzas and this was after they ate lunch. We ended the day with science. They really enjoyed it. I am glad I could make them smile after a tough 2 months of preparing for this stupid play that got changed like 20 times. They next big event will be workshop in October. I don't even want to think about it, but I know I will have to soon. Hopefully it will be better. Since they didn't behave well in front of their parents I had to talk to them and I told them "...because you were not listening to me when your parents were around, now your moms think Tara Teacher is a bad teacher. Am I a bad teacher?" They all said no and I think they realized that they needed to behave when their parents are around. They all said sorry to me and they worked really hard they rest of the week so I hope they understand. I hate being mean or yelling at them, because I know they are just kids, but in my school they are pushed to act like adults. This is more the mentality of Koreans in general too. I mean some of my kids have a rough life and they are only 5 or 6 year old. For example, I have a student that goes to my school all day till 3, then to piano lessons, then to dance lessons, then to taekwondo, and lastly goes to Chinese class, before going home. That is a very long day for a kid. It would be a long day for me and I'm 25. I feel so bad for them.
Anyways, that was my week. Not super exciting, but I am glad it is over. I was very tired by the end of the week. I did meet up with Haris yesterday to do some shopping. He needed me to help him find clothes and cologne. Haha he bought some really expensive cologne and I got the free sample. It was pretty funny. Well things should be calm for the next few weeks. I have a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks. I am pretty excited. Well I am off to do some memory sentences before I go to bed. Have a great week! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment