Sunday, January 27, 2013

cold and cold

Well to start off it has been super cold out here in Korea. It has been super windy too! On top of that I think I am getting a cold. Oh and yesterday my heat stopped working so that means I have no hot water. So to shower this morning I had to boil water and mix it with the ice cold water to shower. It wasn't fun, but I still was able to shower. Since it was the weekend I couldn't call maintenance or my boss, but I did tell my Korean Teachers so hopefully it will be working tomorrow or by Tuesday. When I say it is cold I mean currently outside it is -2 degrees F. It is cold. Now before everyone freaks out about me having no heat, don't worry I have a handy electric fan heater. So my room is nice and warm. I did wake up feel stuffed up so I hope it passes.

Okay on to more fun things. This week was pretty good. We had birthdays this week so I have some pictures of that. I have 3 kids with birthdays. Sunny and Andy from Einstein and Joey from Davinci. It was really cute, because they picked the person they liked except for Andy. He doesn't like anyone, but for example Sunny picked Aaron to give her, her gift and he also gave her a pencil with a big heart on it. Later Sunny told me as a secret that Aaron loves her so that is why he got her the pencil. Oh and speaking of Aaron he used the word reproduce in his book report to say that the girl had a baby. Oh Aaron is a very smart boy, but it scares me sometimes how much he knows in English. haha He also asked me what single meant and I told him that is meant that they didn't have a boyfriend or girlfriend. He looked at me and told me that he wasn't single. This means that him and Sunny are boyfriend and girlfriend. The whole class told me first of all and second of all they told me that Sunny kissed Aaron at swimming academy. haha Why do my seven year olds act like this who knows. I always joke that I live in a Korean drama and that most of the actors are 7 years old. The things these kids know amazes me sometimes. Okay back to couples, Joey picked Lumi. I always joke that they love each other,and they tell me no. However, they always play together and help each other. I also joke that they are the mom and dad of Davinci because they take care of everyone. They help clean up, fix other kids hair, and pick them up when they fall. It is really cute and they are so cute together. They are probably my favorites in Davinci although I love all of my Davinci kids. So on to pictures!



Andy, Sunny and Joey


Jasmin and Andy

Marie, Andy and I



Lumi and Joey

Aaron and Sunny


Marie, Sunny and I

Joey

Andy can't smile in pictures very well

Sunny




Aaron's writing
Also Joey has the same birthday as my grandma. He was so excited for his birthday he was counting down and telling me how many sleeps he had till his birthday. I told him that my grandma had the same birthday. So on his birthday when he came to school I told him good morning and happy birthday. He looks at me and says "Good morning Tara Tr! Happy Birthday Tara Teacher's grandmother!" It was so cute and every time I saw him all day he would tell this to me. So I had to film it which then the whole class wanted to wish my grandma a happy birthday. So here is the video. Happy Birthday Grandma O'Brien!!!
Lastly I got to have one on one time this week with Emily and Aiden. So of course I have pictures. What is special though is that they took nice smiling pictures with me which out fighting me which is what they usually do. Especially Emily. Aiden hates pictures and took them with me so I have to share. Also I found out that Emily will be doing Elementary at my school so I will still be able to see her. Aiden's mom hasn't decided, but I think he will not come which makes me sad. He lives far away and he told me he is going to go with his older brother. So we will see. Anyways enjoy the pictures!

Emily took this one of Aiden



model pose?


Cute!


Sad?


We read a book like this. :)

I love this one!
Okay well this week will be busy finishing up things and hopefully getting my heating working again. I would like to shower normally again. haha Oh I also hung out with Haris today. We went shopping and I got the new CNBlue CD. They are a K pop band kind of. They are an actual band and play their own instruments unlike a lot of other groups that dance and have a music recording. Anyways they are a great group. I also bought a coat I have been wanting to buy for awhile since I have been in Korea. I already love it and I haven't even worn it out yet. haha Well I am off to finish up some grading so have a good week everyone! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment