Sunday, January 20, 2013

Busy week...

Well this past week was a very long and busy week. I had a lot of phone teaching, testing and evaluations. To say the least at the end of the week I was super tired. On the bright side though all my kids are done with testing and phone teaching. I have a few more evaluations to write and I will be done.

So I really don't have much to talk about, but I do have some videos. The first one is of Aiden talking about many things to me. He is a funny boy and I am going to miss him a lot after graduation. I know I talk about Emily and Aiden a lot, but you have to understand for 8 months of my time here I was basically with those two for 5 hours a day everyday. So being with them all the time I became very close to the two of them. Not only that but these two speak English fairly fluently and that is pretty amazing for a second language, by just going to school. I mean yeah this is their 3rd year but we push these kids. I teach Edison 10 different books. They know a lot about science and they can do pretty advanced math for 6 year old. They can speak, read and write in 2 languages fluently. Yeah they have tense mistakes or spell things wrong but they are at the same level or maybe even more advance than a native English speaker their age back in the States.  Needless to say because they are fluent, I can talk to them and get to know them. I know what foods they like and what other schools they go to. I know how many people are in their families and how old they are. I know what food they can have and can't have.  Not only that these two love to joke with me but they also are some of the most well behaved kids. If I tell them to do their work they do it 99% of the time and when I have had to combined them with another class (mainly Davinci) they always help me out and do their work with no help. They know I have to help Davinci more than them and will only ask if they really are stuck. I honestly forget that these two are so young. They act and behave much older than they are. I forget sometimes these two are still babies who are only 6 years old and yet I have made them write pages and pages of stories or even a powerpoint presentation. I am so impressed by these two. When I phone teach them I don't even usually use a phone teaching sheet because I am able to just talk to them about anything. I actually have conversations with them. When I first started with these 2 oh I hated it! They were so mean to me, but then I found out it was because they went through so many teachers over 6 months so they didn't trust anyone. Once I gained their trust things have been wonderful with them. I really do enjoy teaching these two and I will miss them a lot. They always can make me smile when I am sad. I remember one time I was just having a bad day and they both came and hugged me out of no where. I was trying to be cheerful like I usually am and they weren't buying it. They were doing all kinds of things until I was laughing and then they sat down and did their work not fighting me one bit. The bond I have with these two is one I never expected to have when coming over to Korea to teach. I really love these two and although I am sad they are leaving me, I am excited for them to grow up and continue their schooling. I know they are realizing they are leaving soon too. I mentioned on Friday that they had a month and a half left and they were like "Oh yeah" and then a minute of so later went really quiet and cuddled with me while we watched Norischool. It isn't something they normally do, but lately they have been super affectionate and I think they understand this is coming to an end. Emily even told me "teacher you have been my teacher for 1 year." She then told me that it was a long time.  haha I wasn't expecting to rant about Edison, but their you go.  Don't get me wrong I will miss my Einstein kids too, but I don't have the same bond with them as I do Edison. Man if I am sad now wait till next year when I have to say goodbye to Davinci after 2 years. Oh man... Anyways here is Aiden's video.
The next 3 videos are of Davinci class. I had to test them this week and after the test I gave them some free time. The game they played was one I never played and that was salon. haha I remember playing house but not salon or beauty shop. I have 2 videos of that. The last one is during art class which they were singing but as soon as I turned on my video they stopped, but it is still cute anyways.



Well that is all I have. I need to finish evaluations. So I am off! Have a good week! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment