Sunday, January 13, 2013

cooking photos and a big decision.

Well I have some news to say in this blog but first I have some pictures. This week we took pictures with our cooking outfits on and of course I have pictures. I don't have Einstein but I have Edison and they are classic. So please don't mind me in these photos. I look horrible. They didn't tell us so I look awkward. haha enjoy!












Here is something funny I saw when I was out.
Look at the name...
Now this tea can be read 2 ways job as in work and Job as in the book of Job in the bible. It actually tastes really good. It is barley tea with milk and sugar. I don't like barley tea on it's own but I like it like this. By the way it says 300 won on there which in American dollars is about 30 cents. haha this is a vending machine at the subway station.

Okay now on about my big decision.  In my last blog I said I was going to be going home in 2 months. Well that has changed this week. My boss asked me again to stay with a lot of added benefits to me. One thing I don't really touch on in my blog is all the negative stuff I deal with a work. My bosses are less than perfect and very frustrating at times. They have also done many messed up things to people around me. I don't mention it because I don't want people to think I hate my life or my job. Yeah I get frustrated and annoyed like anyone else, but I don't want my blog to reflect all the negative. If I dwell on the negative I would not enjoy my time in another country and to be honest Korea is a wonderful place. It's not perfect, but neither is the States. I don't want people to have a bad impression of Korea, because it isn't a bad place at all. I want people to enjoy my blog and read fun things not depressing things. Anyways, when I made the original decision to stay I wasn't really happy. Thinking about it the second time around was really hard and when I told my mom it was hard for her to take. I think I made my original decision for others and not myself. Yes a big part of it was for my mom, but I am very close to my mom and I do miss her a lot. I was feeling regret not being able to see my Davinci class through to the end because I started with them and now by staying I will also finish with them.  Now there are many other factors that went into making this decision that I won't get into because that isn't something everyone needs to know. But I am happy and relived by my decision where as I felt regret with the old one. Now lucky for me my mom and dad are really understanding and awesome so they fully support my decision. Also, I get to go home to Colorado for 3 weeks for my sister's graduation in May. I am not making any promises that I will see all my friends during that time, but I will promise this to my parents and my sister that I will be spending most of my 3 weeks there with them. Family is important, and being away I have learned who of my friends actually care about me and who don't. Not that my friends aren't important and I don't love them. I also understand that people get busy and everyone has their own lives to live. I understand that I really do. I work many 12 hour days so I understand stress and being tired and busy. What I mean by that is I know who has tried to remain in my life and who hasn't. To be honest I have very few people who really do miss me being gone and that is okay. I am sure they know who they are. :)

Anyways, I am off to finish up some work. My life as a teacher never stops. haha especially when you are in charge of 3 Kindy classes. Well I am off to bed I have a 12 hour day tomorrow! Yay phone teaching! haha not really! Have a good week everyone! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment