Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sometimes I forget how smart my kids are...

Okay to be honest I don't have that much to talk about this week. It was pretty normal. The kids went on a field trip, but I didn't go this time. They had fun though. They went sledding. Other then that it was just a normal week. My heat got fixed on Monday so that was good for me. This month is the month I have been dreading for many reasons. First of all it is going to be super busy with finish up books and everything that needs to be done before graduation and the biggest reason is having to say goodbye to my older kids. They will start Elementary school next month so this is the last month I have with them. Saying goodbye to Emily and Aiden will be the hardest for me. I have been teaching them for over a year so I will miss them. Thinking about it chokes me up sometimes. They are really like my kids. Saying goodbye to Einstein will also be hard, but since I have only been teaching them since September and I knew they were graduating I guess I didn't let myself get too attached to them as I am with Edison. It will be a busy month for me, but I plan on enjoying my time with my kids. :)

So in regards to my title, I do forget how smart my kids are. I forget that they understand English really well especially Emily and Aiden. Now I have a few things to talk about with them. Lately they have been doing these role play things with Catie and I. We will come in and Aiden will be a doctor and Emily will be a nurse. So Catie and I are the patients that come into the clinic. Now way back in May Philip and I taught them all about hospitals and different kinds of doctors for their hospital play. I never knew that they would remember so much from it. I have been sick and they brought in vitamins for me and put it in a paper bag labeled medicine. They told me to go to the pharmacy and see the pharmacist which was Emily. She gave me the medicine and told me to take one pill three times a day.  Oh well it didn't stop there. Later this week Catie and I came in and now they are a teacher and a principle. They even wrote homework out for Catie and I and I have a test on Monday (tomorrow). Funny right? Well last Monday I gave Emily and Aiden my phone number because they kept complaining that some of their homework was too hard all of a sudden and they have been asking for awhile so I finally gave in. I forgot about it until Thursday. Now Thursday was their field trip so I didn't see them at all. At almost 10pm that night I got a text on my phone in Korean requesting information. So I messaged back asking who it was and well I will just let you read the rest.
 Yep it was Emily! She types pretty well huh? So the next day she kept asking to see it and teasing Aiden that she messaged Tara Tr. Well that night as I was at the store I received a call. Yep you guessed it, it was Aiden. He asked me what I was doing and I told him I was at the store. He then told his mom in Korean that I was at the store. Like she would care, but anyways his older brother also said hello to me. Then it went silent so after saying Aiden like 10 times I hung up, just to get another call back from him a minute later. He then reminded me that I had a test on Monday and to have a good weekend. I said goodbye and just laughed. Oh these two make me laugh so much. I couldn't believe that they messaged/called me! So yeah they scare me how smart they are!

So to end this post I have some random pictures with some of the kids. I hope you enjoy them. I am off to finish up some grading. I need to sleep soon! I have a long week ahead of me! Besos!

My new coat! :)

Matthew, Emily, Joey and Daniel in the back

Emily and I

Matthew, Emily and Joey

Joey, Matthew, Emily and I

No comments:

Post a Comment