Sunday, September 2, 2012

So many tears and saying goodbye...

I'm not going to lie, this post is going to be sad. It is currently 11:40pm on Sunday Sept. 2, 2012.  I just got home from taking 2 of my friends to the airport. They have finished their contract and now are going home. Kevin who was my co teacher for Davinci is going back to Scotland and was here for 12 months.  Matt is going back to England and was here for 20 months. I found out on Thursday that I will be getting one of Matt's classes called Einstein.  I have taught them before when I combined them with Edison to teach art, but not actual work. They are a smart class so I am not too worried. This means I will have 2 main classes now and 1 secondary meaning I will have a lot more work.  It is going to get worse though because the main teacher for Edison is leaving in 2 weeks meaning I will have 3 main classes. We are supposed to get a new teacher, but I am not sure when that will be.  On top of this I will have 5 main Elementary classes. Needless to say I'm not going to be sleeping anytime soon.

This week has been really hard. I had to say goodbye to my friends, but I also had to have my Davinci kids say goodbye to Kevin.  It was really hard not to cry, because Kevin really loves those kids. It killed him to say goodbye and I am not sure they will understand until tomorrow comes and there is no Kevin Tr. I am really worried about them and now with another class I will even see them less. I will be spending most of my time with Einstein and I wonder how they will take to me.

On Friday, Emily from my Edison class, got stung by a bee on the bus.  The bus lady took her to the Korean Tr and Emily hugged her, but as soon as she saw me she clung to me.  She cried so hard and her hand was swollen.  Jocelyn Tr tried to take her so she could calm her down Emily just cried harder.  Marie Tr. tried to take her from me and she screamed.  In the end they let her stay with me. They wanted to take her so I could teach Aiden, but since she wouldn't let anyone touch her I just told Aiden to start his writing while I held her.  Now Emily got an ice pack and held it against my back and neck for 15 minutes.  I finally got her to stop crying then Jocelyn Tr. brought the phone so she could talk to her mom and she just started crying all over again.  In the end she went home with her grandma.  Poor baby she really was in pain.  I was so surprised that she wanted to stay with me, but I then realized that she only trusts Philip and I so unless it was Philip trying to take her she wouldn't let go.  I mean Emily had her legs wrapped around me and wasn't letting go for anything.  She was so afraid that I was going to leave, when I sat down and asked her to move her legs.  It wasn't till I told her that I wasn't going to let her go that she did what I wanted.

I am worried about how tomorrow is going to go. Also I am sure Edison is not going to be happy they have to share me with Einstein now. They don't like that I am with Davinci and now I see them very little. I am super worried.

Today was my twin's wedding!!! Congratulations to the happy couple! I am so sad I missed it, but lucky enough my mom and sister went in my place so I got a couple of pictures and even sent a short video message to them.
They look so beautiful!


Anyways, I ate dinner with Matt Friday night, Saturday night and we ate at the airport for the last time.  It was really hard and one thing I didn't prepare for when I left home was having to say goodbye here.  My chances of seeing these people when we leave is very slim and it really makes me said.  They are my family here and we are always together.  These goodbyes were some of the hardest I have ever had to say. So I will end with the video of Davinci saying goodbye to Kev and pictures of the last few night and even the one from the airport. On a happier note Happy Birthday to my sorority sister Ale!!! Have a wonderful day!!! Anyways, I am off to try to sleep and hopefully not cry anymore. Besos!


Blowing out the candles.

Saying goodbye to the class.

Looking at the book that Davinci, Lucy and I made for Kev.

Team Davinci











Matt is behind me and Kev is across from me

At the airport



No comments:

Post a Comment