Sunday, August 26, 2012

Birthday video and random rants lol

So to start off I have a video of my older kids telling my mom Happy Birthday! It is really cute and I hope you enjoy it. I posted it on Facebook too and Kakao messaged it to my mom on her birthday! :)
Side note: If you don't know what Kakao Talk is it is an app that allows you to text anyone else that has Kakao Talk. It is for free but uses data so if you us a lot of data or talk a lot on it it may end up costing you. If you send a lot of pictures and videos, texts don't use much data.

Anyways, I didn't do too much this week. I might be getting sick. :( It was very busy with a lot of late nights. The end of the month is always the busiest because as teachers we have grading, phone teaching, test and evaluations to write.  It can be stressful. Other then that I went out on Friday night to have Brazilian BBQ with the other teachers.  Matt and Kevin are leaving next Sunday.  That means we have a week left with them. I am really sad to see them go and I am sure we will be crying on Friday. Kevin was finally able to tell Davinci that he is leaving, but I don't think they will understand until next Monday when there is no more Kevin Teacher. I am worried who is going to replace him, because I will be split between 2 classes and won't be able to be with them all the time.  Also 2 weeks after Kevin and Matt leave, Andy and Philip are leaving.  Meaning within a month we are losing 4 teachers and our work load is going to be heavier until we get new teachers. I'm not looking forward to that since we are already short staffed and losing 4 teachers and possibly only getting 2 will make it that much harder. With Philip leaving that will make me the main teacher of Edison too (my older class). This means I will have twice the amount of work to do especially with workshop coming up in October. I'm not looking forward to it.  Oh and this is only Kindy not to mention all the classes we will have to cover in Elementary. To be honest I am really sad to see them go. Being with these people the last 8 months they have become like family to me. We hang out together, we vent together, we protect each other and we help each other. I am the second oldest and once Andy leaves I will be the oldest. I feel like the older sister and sometimes mom. lol I especially feel like a mom when the boys bring me their pants to sew or ask me to cook, because they can't.  I love them dearly though and it is going to be hard to see them leave. 

Next weekend will be emotional for me.  Not only are two of my friends here leaving, but next weekend I should have been going to home to be in one of my best friends weddings. Sadly because my boss wouldn't allow me the time off I won't be able to see her walk down the aisle. Although she is very understanding and is okay with me not being there I feel very guilty not being able to attend. She even sent me an invite here in Korea with a letter. I love her dearly and I am very excited for her and her soon-to-be husband to get married next week.  They really are perfect for each other and I want to wish them a lot of happiness. I know when I come back to the States her and I will celebrate all the I have missed, but it really does sadden me that I can't be there since I have been their since day one watching this couple grow and blossom.  lol I won't go into that though. Anyways I am lucky because my mom and sister are going in my place to support my twin.  lol (she is not my twin obviously but her and I have been best friends all through college and it is a nickname we have for each other).

Okay I will stop before I start crying.  Anyways I was looking through some of my old pictures that I took in January and February here in Korea.  I noticed how much my Edison class has grown up.  So I wanted to share how much older they look.

In late January and Early February.



Currently






My babies are growing up!!! It shocked me how much they have changed!! They are so cute. I really do love these two and it is really going to be hard to say goodbye to them.  They may not care about me like I do them but they really are like my kids.  I don't just teach them English. I teach them how to behave, to have manners. I discipline them and I have fun with them.  I do know they care about me. I was feeling down on Monday and they were really well behaved and they were doing things that they know make me laugh. Emily also came and sat in my lap and for the first time ever told me "Tara Teacher I love you." She has never done that and usually her and Aiden tell me they don't like anyone. It shocked me and to be honest a part of my wanted to cry. I do love Emily and Aiden a lot. I am with them most of the day and spending so much time with them you could understand why I love these two. I do love my Davinci kids too, but I spend far less time with them, so I am closer to Emily and Aiden. I used to hate teaching these 2 because they gave me such a hard time and were mean to me, but they also though I was going to leave like the past 6 teachers before Philip and I did. So I understood why they were they way they were with me, but once they finally trusted me I saw a whole different side to these kids. They are smart and sassy. They love to joke and play, but know when they have to work. They ask questions and they push themselves to be better at English.  It amazes me that this 5 year old and 6 year old speak fluent English and yes they may use the wrong tense or forget an artificial but they speak like any kid their age in the States. The biggest difference is they have only been learning English for 2 and a half years and only speak English when they are at school. They can read, write and speak in English and Korean. In fact their English is better than their Korean. I had to give them a Korean test last week and they struggled with it and had an easier time going from Korean to English. They speak Korean just fine, but since they don't read and write as much in Korean as they do in English they struggle with it a little more. But these two if I ask them to translate to Korean for me verbally they can do it much easier.

Oh funny story. The other day Philip and I were waiting with Aiden for his bus to come. It was very late so we are just talking with Aiden when this older lady came up to us and asked if Philip was Appa? (meaning dad). She pointed to Aiden then asked me if Philip was his dad. I told her aniyo sunsenim (no teacher).  She looked at me and started to tell me that she thought we were Aiden's parents. Even Aiden said no, but it was so funny. Then she kept talking to us in Korean. So I had to tell her in Korean that I only speak a little Korean so she just kept laughing and walked off. It was so odd to be asked if we were Aiden's parents. We laughed though because Philip and I always tease Emily and Aiden that we are their ECC parents and they always tell us no.  What made it even funnier is that once Aiden's bus came he gets on and as he is getting in the bus he tells the bus lady 5 bus is lazy! The bus lady doesn't speak much English and didn't know what it meant but both Philip and I had to tell him not to say that and it was mean.  We were totally like his parents at the moment. It was pretty funny. His bus has been late all this week so every time it is late he tells us that 5 bus is lazy, but that he won't tell them. haha Oh Aiden makes me laugh.

Okay I didn't mean to rant about Emily and Aiden or make this blog long but I did so whatever.
I am off to finish evaluations! Besos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment