Sunday, September 9, 2012

Busy week...

Well this week has been very busy. Last Sunday we lost two teachers and we don't have new teachers yet so it has been a very busy week for me. I gained a new Kindy class called Einstein. They seem to like me and I know this because they come up to me and tell me they love me and that they don't want me to leave. I feel this happens because I am their first female foreign teacher they have every had. They are pretty good kids and speak English well. They are a seven year old class in their second year of learning English. They are one year less then Edison and one year above Davinci. They don't like that I teach my other classes.  In fact to be honest none of my students are happy that I teach other classes.  I see Einstein the most and Davinci the least.  Getting a new classes is really stressful and I have no time to rest. I am always running around trying to get things done in my classes. I also am having to pick up where one teach left off and Matt and I teach differently. So I am dealing with transitioning what Matt did with them and how I teach. I am keeping somethings that Matt did and doing things that I do as well, because I am me and not Matt. It is really hard. Einstein is nice but I love my other kids more. I don't say that to be mean, but I don't have a bond with Einstein yet.  Davinci and Edison are kids I have had since I started teaching.

Other then that we have workshop coming up so I am running around trying to get things ready for it since I have 3 of the seven classes.  Philip is leaving next week. He teaches Edison with me and I am sad to see him leave. To be honest I am not ready to say goodbye again.  It is hard because it is still surreal that Matt and Kevin are gone. It feels like they are just sick and were out for the week. At other times though because this week was so busy it feels like they have been gone for a long time.  It is really weird.  Davinci on Monday cried with me because they realized Kevin Tr. isn't coming back. I felt really bad for them.  They were poorly behaved this week especially for Leah who basically took over for Kevin. I hope they warm up to her soon because I don't have enough time to take care of Davinci and all my other classes. I had to go control them so much this week and she feels bad that she has to interrupt my class to help her.  I wish they would listen. I feel bad for my Edison class too because they went from seeing me all the time to once or twice a day. They keep asking me why and I told them I am not teaching Einstein and I can tell they are jealous. It has been a really down week and all of the teachers are really tired. This week I have 20 students to phone teach so they next 4 nights I will be staying late to phone teach. I'm not looking forward to it, but I have to do it.  Anyways I should head to bed so I am not tired tomorrow! I hope everyone has a good week! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment