Sunday, September 23, 2012

New teachers and needing to make a decision...

Well we have 2 new teachers.  One came last week to replace Philip and one came this week to replace Andy.  Andy's last day is Wednesday. I am really sad to see him leave.  The kids cried when he told them he was leaving. The newest teacher is named Barbra.  She seems very nice, but she is a little jumpy.  I think she will get along with the kids well. She will be teaching Einstein with me. Right now I basically have 3 main classes.  Catie Teacher is too new to do much for Edison and Jocelyn Teacher is still settling in with Edison so I have been taking care of them this week especially since so many things were due for them. Also Edison and Columbus classes were on a TV show here in Korea. It will air this week and I am interested to see. Both Jocelyn and Edison class said it was dumb. I still want to know how it went. It was something to do with the science of shadows. 

Also I teach art to Davinci class and we had transportation as the topic. Well some how some of my students decided to draw me in their pictures. So I will share them with you. :)

This is Jennifer's drawing

This is Dana's drawing

This is Lumi's drawing

This is James's drawing

This is Jennifer's drawing colored in.
lol cute huh? Oh I love my babies even when they are brats.  Watching my friends leave is really hard and I know when I leave I am going to be a mess.  These kids have a way of wiggling into your heart and honestly in many ways I am like their parents.  I don't just teach them English. I play with them, I fix their booboos, I give them medicine, I wipe their butts, I teach them manners, and I feed them lunch and snack. See in many ways they are my kids and no matter how bad they are I really do love every single one of them.  I know the other teachers feel about the same. My boss has asked me to resign for another year. To be honest I haven't decided. To be honest I have mixed feelings about it. Oh course I miss everyone back home, but Korea has really become a second home for me. I really enjoy it here. I would love to see my Davinci class graduate (that wouldn't be till March 2014), but I don't know if I am willing to resign with my bosses.  Working where I work leaves a lot more to be desired to say the least, but I love my kids and to see them through would make me feel accomplished.  The only thing I know is I will be willing for sure to stay till this coming March to see Edison and Einstein through.  I have many things going on in my mind about this.  One of my friends would hate me if I resigned, because I could find a better job here in Korea, but they aren't my kids.  I know I sound crazy, but I have been teaching Davinci since their first day. I have watched them grow up and speak more and more English everyday! It is an amazing feeling to see that you had an impact.  Not only that but I know they love me too! Leaving any of my classes is going to kill me, but the bond I have with Davinci is different from the one I have with Edison or Einstein.  Don't get me wrong I love my kids and my favorite is in my Edison class. They all have a special place in my heart. Letting go will be hard. I know that, but the question is when will I have to say goodbye.  I have a lot more to consider before I make a final decision so my boss will need to wait awhile longer. 

Anyways this past week was my daddy's birthday! I posted this video of my new class singing to him on facebook, but I will post it here too! Happy Birthday again Daddy!!! I love you!!!
Well I have some more grading to do and some other things I need to finish up before work tomorrow! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment