Sunday, June 3, 2012

A very short post

Well this week was pretty boring for me.  I didn't do much but work.  My older class has to put on a play so I have been working on that with them. As for my baby class they are doing open classes on the body.  I have been teaching them about the body and we are going to make a lung model on the day of open classes.  Hmm... other then that I just have been hanging out with the other teachers and trying to relax before work becomes crazy again.  So yeah they only funny thing that happened this week was that one of my students saw me at Lotte Mart getting food and a little boy kept talking to us (foreign teachers) when we went to eat chicken the other night.  He ran up to us with his sister, said hello in English then hid behind his sister saying "noona etoke?" (translation meaning older sister what should I do?)  I then said hello to him in English.  He came back about 4 more times to which I said hello in Korean (informally because it would have been funny to him if I did it formally) and he stopped and was in shock and said hello in Korean formally to me (as he should since I am older).  It was really cute.  Oh one last thing that was funny.  One of my friends kept getting calls from a Korean woman and she answered in English told her that she had the wrong number and hung up.  This lady kept calling so finally on the forth time (in the a row) I took her phone and answered in Spanish.  I confused the lady so much because she kept saying hello in Korean and finally after saying hello twice in Spanish I started just asking questions in Spanish.  The lady just hung up and stopped calling my friend.  It was really funny to Leah and I because she told the lady 3 times in English she had the wrong number and she kept saying okay. Leah was getting annoyed that she wouldn't stop calling.  I don't blame her I would too.  Anyways, I have learned that if I keep getting annoying calls I am just going to start talking in Spanish. It was pretty funny.  Okay now I am just rambling.  Sorry I am tired! I guess it is time for bed! So I hope everyone is well! Besos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment