Monday, May 28, 2012

Birthday party and dating culture

Okay so this weekend was a 3 day weekend for me since we got today (Monday) off for Buddha's Birthday.  Anyways, this weekend I went on a date with a Korean boy.  To say the least it was interesting and before anyone asks if I am going to have a boyfriend the answer is no.  He wants to move too fast for me and from what I have heard that is  a little bit normal for Korea.  Now if that is true I don't know, but anyways dating culture here is different from back home.  If you like someone you talk to them constantly here in Korea rather than waiting a few days to talk. So needless to say I got many text messages and phone calls before the date and another thing is that Korean boys are very protective of girls.  He treated me like glass and personally I couldn't handle it.  I am an independent woman and it kind of drove me crazy.  Now this guy was very nice, but I don't think him and I will work out. He wanted to move too fast and after only talking to me on the phone twice and meeting in person for 4 hours he was ready for me to be his girlfriend.  Now for me I don't know him at all and am no where near giving him the title of boyfriend.  Okay anyways he was very nice and paid for everything even though I tried to pay or at least give him some money.  He wouldn't take it, but that is the dating culture here.  The boy pays for everything and takes care of the girl.

Okay on to the birthday party.  So again we celebrated birthdays at my school. I got to walk my baby class students to the event and take picture with them.  So of course I have pictures.  :)
Lumi, James and Robin blowing out the candles.

Robin picked Kyra.

Robin with Lucy Tr and I.

James picked Dana for a hug and...

this is what happened! Too cute!!!

James with Lucy Tr. and I.

Lumi picked Joey

Aren't the cute? I love these two!!!

Lumi with Lucy Tr and I
 Okay that are all the picture!  Didn't do too much this week.  I saw MIB 3 on my date and it was in 4D.  Yes 4D you know the rumble packs for video game controllers? Yeah one of those were in my seat.  It was weird. lol You can turn it off though.  So anyways it was a good movie so if anyone hasn't seen it yet I suggest you do.  I went shopping with Haris yesterday in Boson for jerseys.  I got a couple of Broncos jerseys that I am going to send home for my family.  Boson has a big army base so they have a lot of strip clubs and what not which is why I went with a male foreign teacher.  Too sketch to go by myself. Umm... that is all I got! I hope everyone had a good 3 day weekend back home! Love you! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment