Sunday, April 1, 2012

3 months

Well as of tomorrow I will have been in Korea for 3 months!!! I can't believe it already.  Some days it feels like I have been here for a really long time.  Other days it feels like I just got off the plane.  Weird I know.  Well the weather is getting warmer.  Went to one of the palaces yesterday.  We even got a free tour guide from a 1st year high school student named Corey.  His English was really good but he was very shy.  I'll post a few pictures.  I'll add one with him once my friend uploads the pictures on facebook.  It was interesting and I learned a lot about the history. 

It is a symbol for the Emperor

First building where the Emperor would address his people

so all of the Chinese zodiac are carved around the palace

The screen represent the emperor, queen, officials and the people of Korea

Sun dial

Emperor's room.  Nothing was in there so intruders couldn't hid.

Guardians to protect the palace for evil spirts


Garden
Okay so these are just a few pictures I took.  We also went to a tea house and I had pomegranate tea.  It tasted really good and was super sweet.

Oh so I have mentioned Victoria a lot in my other posts.  She isn't one that I teach except when I teach all day Kindy so her main teacher sent me this picture and I wanted to share it with everyone.
She is the one looking at the camera.  Isn't she cute? She is only 3!
Oh I also mentioned that I eat out a lot but when I do cook at home this is what I usually eat.
This is Ramen with Udan, mandu (dumplings), egg and mushrooms!
Okay that is about all I have for now.  I am going to wedding in two weeks so I'll let you know how that goes.  It is for one of the Korean teachers at my school.  I'll try to update again soon! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment