Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Korean Wedding

So yesterday I went to a Korean wedding!!! Oh my goodness I would have to say it was the most efficient wedding I've ever been to! Okay yes most of the weddings I have been to are Mexican wedding so they usually last forever and a day. Okay so first off it took us (the other foreign teachers and I) 2 hours to travel by train to where the wedding was being held.  It was a very long trip.  After being on the train for 2 hours the wedding in total lasted a little over an hour or so.  So to begin when we got to the hotel where the wedding was being held the bride (who is one of my Korean co-teachers) is in a seperate room where she can take pictures with the guests.  Okay so I don't have a picture of me with Alice Teacher but I have one with another foreign teacher.  Also the husband and his parents stand outside and greet the guests.
Alice Teacher! She looks so beautiful!!!

Andy and Alice

so these are congrats flowers I believe.

ice statue

The groom with his parents
Okay so after seeing Alice we went in. They had a slide show of couple playing which was really cute. The wedding was supposed to start at 6pm and they did just that.  It started by the mothers walking down the aisle first then the groom followed by the bride and her father. All of this is put on a big screen too so everyone can see.
Leah, Meg and I

The mothers

The screen

bride, father of the bride and the groom

bride and groom at the front
At the podium an army looking guy does the vows. The bride and groom say their vows and they had a song sung to them by a Korean Eliton John.  I kid you not it was really funny.  After that they bow to both parents and then walk up the aisle as a new couple.  The whole time we are being feed the like 5 course dinner.  After this the bride and groom take huge group photos (which the foreign teachers got to be in), and the bride picks one of the girls to catch the bouquet of flowers.  Toward the end of the night they bride and groom and both sets of parents go around and say thank you to all the guests.  This is after the bride changes her dress of course. 

flowers on the table

First time as a married couple

Thanking guests

Thanking guests
All of the foreign teachers! Matt, Kevin, Philip, Megan, Harris, Andrew, Leah and I.
So... once it ended we had to travel back to Uijeonbu for 2 hours again.  It was a very long night but I really had a nice time.  Alice teacher looked very happy and it was very interesting to see a Korean wedding.  I do have some more photos but I think the 15 I put up in this post are enough.  (At least I think it is 15).  Okay well I need sleep.  I have a very busy week ahead of me! Earth day for our 5 and 6 year old is this week and 7 year old is next week!  Oh it never ends! Okay I'll update soon hopefully! Besos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment