Sunday, May 5, 2013

Children's Day and visiting 2 palaces

Well this week was very busy and we also celebrated Children's day which is today May 5th. I have some photos and videos of my kids dancing which are very funny. I have a video of the kids singing happy birthday to my sister again. So this week for Children's day we went to the park to play games and have fun with the kids.









I met up with Leah in Anguk to go to Changdeokgung palace and the Changgyeonggung palace. They are right next to each other and are only separated by a wall. Changgyeonggung palace was built from 1483-1484 for 3 dowager queens which Changdeokgung became to crowded.
































Changdeokgung palace was built in 1405. It was the secondary palace used by the Joseon Dynasty. In the back of it, there is a “secret garden”. We went on the secret garden tour and it was so beautiful, but very long. The walk for the 90 minute tour was about 2.8 Km. This area (and most of Korea) is full of hills and mountains. This garden is on a mountain side so there were a lot of steep hills and stairs built into the side of the hill. There were also very old trees. Two were over 750 years old.
























































After we went to the palaces we went shopping in Dongdaemun and then we went to Apujung Rodeo to find the SM building. I am happy to say we did. Now the SM building is something I wanted to see because well my favorite K-pop groups are both from SM. So I was glad to finally see the building. Also we then walked to the Han River and walked along the side of it, before heading home. We did a lot of walking and it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it! However, my legs and feet are killing me. So I don’t have photos of the Han River since my phone was dying and I forgot my back up battery. But when Leah sends them to me I will post them. I think I have enough photos in the blog. Haha I took over 400 photos at the palaces. Well, have a great week everyone and Happy Children’s day or Cinco de Mayo! Whichever one you celebrate that is. I am off to bed! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment