Sunday, March 10, 2013

First week craziness!

Well to say the least this week has been crazy. New Korean teachers, new kids and people fighting leads to a whole lot of mess. Now I am not going to focus on the fighting or drama, because it isn't important. Things have been fixed and hopefully stay that way.

We have new kids and I teach none of them. In fact I only teach Einstein. In a lot of ways it is nice because I get to spend time with my kids that I hardly got to see in the last 6 months. I think they got a little tired of me but that is because we had to do the same books all day long to catch up. Now that they are finished and we have new books in should be better. I have a new Korean teacher, because Marie is leaving because she is getting married. I'm happy for her, but sad to see her leave. Anyways I am basically doing the Korean teacher's job because she doesn't know and none of the other Korean teachers are helping her or the other 2 new teachers. So it is frustrating, but could be worse. Anyways I don't mind helping her because I know a lot about what she needs to do. She seems nice so it will be fine I hope anyways. It is funny my Einstein class is well behaved when only a week ago they would run around like crazy. Now if I tell them to clean up the room or fix the tables they do it without any problems. It is funny how a name change caused this. My babies are growing up and are no longer Davinci. I am proud of them and I plan on pushing them to do better. I want them to be as good as my old Einstein class. My little James works so hard. Now I should explain that James has a speech problem and doesn't even speak Korean well. He likes coming to school because English is easier for him. Cute I know, but he is such a sweet boy. He is always telling me "good job teacher" or "best teacher". He is one of my favorites and he is always worried that I am sad because of the class. For the first 4 months at school he didn't speak a work of English no matter how hard I tried to get him to speak and all of a sudden he started speaking English. It was such a shock to me when he did, but he continues to get better and I am so proud of him. He can even read. Not well, but he will get there. He really tries. I sat him next to one of the smartest to help him understand and now he is one of the first ones done with his work and he is not cheating. I watch him. haha

Anyways I am excited for the new school year with them.  I hope it goes well! I am now supervisor of the foreign teachers so I hope I can do a good job. All I can do is try my best and hopefully things will work out. I think now that everyone is settled things will get better or at least I hope. I really miss Edison and Einstein! I see all my girls still because they are around for Elementary, but all my boys don't come. I found out Aiden can't come because he lives to far. I was so sad. I miss him a lot and it has only been a week. My old Einstein kids took me from my class because they wanted me as their teacher. It made me sad I don't get to teach them anymore. I miss them a lot but at least I get to still see them! Oh and they love to feed me! haha Well that is all I have for now. Maybe this week will be more fun! Have a good week everyone! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment