Sunday, March 3, 2013

Busy week and saying goodbye!

Well it was one busy week. The first 3 days of the week I spent with my kids and I had to finish books. Edison Emily's last day was Tuesday and we only found out that morning. So that kind of sucked because we had to finish books and she didn't get to have fun with Aiden or I before she left. She was going to Gwangju to visit family so I know why she left early. Just in case you don't know Gwangju is very far south in Korea. I believe it is a 5 hour train ride or so to get there if you take the slow train. I'm not sure though. Anyways, in true Emily fashion she called me yesterday with the usual question "Hey you what are you doing?" haha She makes me laugh and I am going to miss teaching her. Even though a lot of my kids are coming back I won't be teaching them. They will have Julian Tr. and I will be teaching the less experience class which was Curie class. They have only been studying English for one year. I am sad I won't be able to teach them, but at least I will see them around so I am happy about that. Anyways to be honest I almost cried saying goodbye to Emily. It was hard knowing that I wouldn't be teaching her again. Wednesday was a very hard day for me. It was the last day for all of my Einstein class, Aiden, Kyra (Davinci) and Emily (Davinci). I had a lot of goodbyes to say and a lot of my Einstein class cried. I almost did. It took everything I had not to cry. I am excited for them though and I wrote them all a letter. I think they all liked it. I even got a couple of letters. One from Ella and Aaron. Aaron's was cute because in his letter he told me to "be careful when walking on snow." It was very cute. Sadly Aaron won't be coming back since his school gets out late. However, this kid is so smart and good at English that he got into an all English school. So they teach all his classes in English and everyone speaks English. He is a really smart kid. I will miss him. I took pictures with all of them on their last day. We also watched a movie to celebrate them being finished. It was nice.
Edison Emily

Kyra
Davinci Emily

Aiden

Andy

Ella

Aaron

Victoria

Sunny

Chennie

Jasmin

Annie
So I had a lot of fun with all my kids and I will miss them a lot.  I think they will miss me too. For graduation they got photo albums and they have pictures of the teachers of the school. Well in all the craziness of graduation they forgot to take my photo for the yearbook. So for Edison's yearbook they took one of my photos that I took with them and put it in that place, but they didn't for Einstein. Well knowing how smart my kids are they asked me on Monday why I wasn't in the book. I told them it was an accident and they forgot to put my picture. So Victoria looks at me and says "You take a photo and give to me. I will tape it in my book." It touched me that she even cared to have me in her book. So when the other students heard this they all asked for a photo of me. So with their letters I gave each of them a photo of me and them together. They were excited to have it and it made me smiled that my class cared enough to fix it in their own way. So even if the school forgot me, the most important people, my students didn't forget me. It is moments like these that make all the craziness I put up with a school worth it, because I know I made some impact on these kids. It makes being here in Korea that much more meaningful for me. It is one memory that will never leave me. I am grateful for that.

I took Davinci and Edison to the Dream Park because I had pushed them really hard in books. They had fun together so I have some pictures and a video from it. It was pretty funny, but crazy. So many kids and only one of me. haha












So Tuesday starts a new year. Which means I will only teach Davinci. However, after this blog Davinci will now be called Einstein. Confused? Let me explain. Since a new school year is starting Davinci is no longer a 6 year old class in their first year. They are not a 7 year old class in their second year. They were given Einstein as their name. It is weird for me since I just graduated off Einstein and now have an Einstein class again, but I will get used to it. haha Anyways the class is down to 3 girls and 6 boys. 3 of my girls have moved away and I am sad to have lost them.

Well that is all I can think of. Oh I finally got my dates confirmed for when I get to go home. I will be home from May 18th to June 6th. I fly out the 7th. I am excited to visit home for 3 weeks. It will be nice to see my family, friends and my dogs. I never knew I would miss them so much, but seeing all these dogs here I miss mine more. I can't wait to eat good Mexican food, see my little sister graduate and enjoy Colorado. Spring is around the corner here and spring in Korea is lovely so hopefully I will have some more outdoor photos soon! Well I am off to finish up some stuff for Einstein so I can finish decorating our classroom! So here is to a start of another school year! Wish me luck! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment