Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Lunar New year!

Well it has been a busy week for me. My Einstein and Edison class are graduating in 2 weeks so life at work has been crazy busy with finishing books and practicing scripts for their graduation. This weekend we had a holiday. It was Lunar New year which is why this blog post is late. I have had a busy weekend. Both Leah and Haris came up to Uijeongbu to see me on different days so I have not slept much this weekend. I had a lot of fun though so it was good. Also my Edison Emily has been texting and calling me all weekend! I haven't heard from her today, but the last two days she wouldn't stop calling or texting. Silly girl! She even called when I was skyping with my mom. Which my mom found funny. She is cute. Here are the texts. Yeah she says mean things in them, but knowing her she usually says mean things to cover up what she really wants to say. She is also very Korean, because she is sending selcas (photos of themselves) to me.









Sorry there are a lot. She wanted to know what I was doing all day long. Silly girl. She looked sad or tired in her first picture. I think she doesn't get a lot of attention at home since she has a younger brother who is a handful.

I got my hair cut for the first time at a Korean Salon this week. She did a really nice job and I spoke to her in a good amount of Korean and she used mostly Korean with some English. She was really nice and she loved my hair. She just kept telling me yepoda (pretty). She was very nice and it wasn't expensive to get it cut. They even washed my hair and everything for 15 dollars. It was very interesting. I should say that my comprehension of Korean is pretty high. I usually get about 70-80% of what people are saying in Korean. Speaking it back is where I lack and I only speak about 10-20%. I do speak enough to get by though and I can read a fair amount. So yeah it was an interesting experience. I have never gotten so many compliments on my hair before.

Lastly we had a Lunar New Year celebration with the kids and I got some gifts. I was in charge of the cooking room where we made egg bread! It was really yummy and it is bread with a whole egg cooked in the middle. Sounds weird I know, but it is very delicious. It is one of my favorite street food items. Other then that I got a lot of coffee, some tea, lotion and spam and oil gift set from my boss. I should let you all know that spam and oil is an expensive gift here in Korean and that Korean food is full of things that have spam in it. It isn't something I would usually eat back home, but living here you get used to it. It was a very nice gift, but I won't have to buy oil for the rest of my time here. haha. Anyways here are some pictures and I am off to finish up some work before bed! Happy Lunar New Year! Besos!
Emily and Catie Tr

oh Aiden


Aiden, Ricky and Benjamin

Anderson Class

Einstein Class

Catie Tr, Emily and Aiden. Emily didn't want to take a picture.

again

haha I got Emily


haha


Aiden's face!!!


My little Lumi! I love this little girl!

Aiden laying on me while I was cooking.

Macy Tr, Julian Tr, Aiden and Emily! Family photo!!! haha

Emily took this of me!

Yay! I got a smile and a picture! She hates pictures!

Yay number 2!

Yay photo with Aiden! He hate pictures too!

together

Emily holding Aiden's head

My gift from James.

This roughly says Thank you Teacher for loving and teaching James. I hope your 2013 is full of happiness and good fortune. From Davinci James's Mother

Matthew's gift to me

Ella's gift to me

boss's gift to me

Matthew's gift to me

James's gift to me

No comments:

Post a Comment