Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back to the same old thing.

Well I am not going to lie after the past couple of weeks being busy I am glad that I got the weekend to relax. This week not too much went on. We had parents come a visit so I had to dress up (even more than I usually do) for 3 days. It was kind of annoying because if you know me you know I hate wearing dresses and I had to wear a dress for 3 days. Anyway, on the bright side my baby class got no complaints so I am happy. I also met two of the moms and they thanked me for teaching them. It was really sweet.  My older students didn't meet yet because one is out of town and the other was busy. I guess they will meet this week.  Speaking of that it was just Emily and I this week in my older class. Poor thing I know she was bored. If this was a bigger class I could just have taught class without Aiden, but since it is just the two of them I have to wait till Aiden comes back otherwise I have to catch him up and Emily would just sit there bored.  Her and I had a lot of fun though. I made her review and we had some free talking. She impressed me by translating a song she knows in Korean to English without really batting an eye. It was cute.  That is about all I did this week.

So at the end of this month 2 foreign teachers are leaving. One is my co teacher for Davinci Kevin and the other is Matt. Matt has been at ECC for 1 year and 8 months. So I am sure he is ready to go back home and so is Kevin. I fear that Davinci is really going to miss Kevin. He will be first teacher to leave them so I am not sure how they are going to take it since they love him.  Especially Dana, she is going to be so heartbroken.  I already know it.  I just hope whoever comes in to replace him is a good teacher, because if not then that will make my job 10 times harder.  To be honest I am really sad to see these 2 go.  I know they are happy to go home, but I know they are going to miss our students.  Since I have been here for 7 months the other foreign teachers have become my family here. We spend a lot of time together, we eat often together and we hang out together.  Oh and of course we work together! But whenever something is wrong we always try to help each other or fix it.  I am going to miss these two especially Kevin, because him and I have worked so much with Davinci together. Kevin is like my rebellious younger brother who is very protective over his friends.  He may do some weird and stupid things, but he really has a good heart.  Matt is a funny guy, but very smart.  I'm going to miss all of the intellectual conversations with him. It will be my first teacher change too since I was the last to join the current group of teachers.  It really makes me sad that I won't see these two and all the teachers I have become friends with.  Now I know it isn't like I won't be able to talk to them again, but it is still sad.  Next month 2 more teachers will leave and in October 2 more will leave.  I am here to at least January if not longer.  I don't know yet and I probably won't know if I am staying longer for awhile.  None the less I am fearful of the new teachers coming in.  I hope they fit in nicely and work hard, because if they don't I am not sure they will survive ECC.  I guess I will have to wait and see. And for the next few weekends I will probably just hang out with them. At least I hope. lol Well that is all I have for now. I will talk to you all later! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment