Sunday, May 13, 2012

Parent's Day/ Mother's Day

So happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there especially my mommy!!! So I sent my mom flowers since I can't be there this year, but Parent's Day was May 8th here.  They don't have a separate day for mom and dad.  I had many of my students make cards for their parents and write in English to them.  It was cute.  Umm... let's see so some of the other teachers played a prank on one of the teachers from the States and here are some pictures just to show you.

These little army men were all over the place even on the ceiling!  It was really funny and everyone had a good laugh.  Hmm... Oh I was in Uijeonbu city yesterday and this is what I saw.
What even is going on here is beyond me but yes here you go.  If anyone knows please feel free to share.  Umm...lastly here are a couple of things I have made this past week.  Pasta and Dulce de Leche.
Cream pasta with bacon, mushrooms shrimp and garlic.

Took me 4 hours to make but it is yummy
hmm... yeah I didn't do too much.  I finally ate a Durian which looks like this.
This picture looks a lot better then mine.  It tastes kind of like ice cream it is really weird. Oh and I finally got to eat Shabu Shabu.  It is really yummy and I can't wait to go again.  We had Vietmanese style so we got rice paper to wrap the meat and veggies in.  It was really good.  After you get the meat you put the noodles in and have a noodle soup and at the very end you put rice, some veggies and egg and it makes this porridge kind of thing. 
Okay that is all I have.  I am going to eat some durian and then get ready for work tomorrow! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment