Sunday, September 8, 2013

Visiting Busan!

So this week was okay. I was super busy with work and getting the kids ready for workshop. I have some pictures of Einstein Class at the dream park.










Okay now on to talking about Busan. Busan is a coastal city that is very far south. I took a 3 hour train ride with Leah on Friday night after work. We got into Busan around midnight. Then we went to our hotel. We checked in and slept. The next morning we went to the famous fish market in Busan. We ate fresh eel and crab. They had just caught it that morning. It was so delicious and all they did was grill it!




They also gave us corn and sweet potato. We were so full. Then we went to a park area that had Busan tower. It was very cute and they had some interesting things to see. So here are some pictures.


















Then we went to go see the lighthouse. This was a very long walk but very beautiful. It was about a 5km walk which is about 3.1 miles. It was very nice. A couple asked us to take a photo for them and they took one of us with their Polaroid camera. For dinner we went back to the fish market and has sashimi. It was so good. So here are some photos of that.





























Today we went to the beach and the aquarium. It was lot of fun and I took a lot of photos there.















































































So we came home today. We left Busan at 4 and got here to Seoul around 7pm. It was a very nice train ride and experience. On thing we found interesting was how different and strong the dialect was in Korean. The Busan dialect makes Korean almost tonal. It was hard to understand too. I learned Korean from Seoul so it was harder to understand. We did just fine in Busan, but it did catch us off guard sometimes. They speak with pitch that goes up down up down. That doesn't happen in Seoul so it was interesting to hear. Leah and I had a lot of fun and we planned it last minute, but I am so glad we went. We did a lot and had a lot of fun. :) Well I am off to bed. This week is my last full week of work. There is a holiday next week and I stop teaching on the 25th. So my time here is coming to an end. Wish me luck! Have a great week everyone! Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment