Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Taiwan Vacation Part 2 (Just as long as the last post)

Day 3 Night 4
Kenting Park
The centerpiece of the Hengchun Peninsula is Kenting National Park, Taiwan's only tropical national park. Established in 1982, Kenting National Park covers a total area of 33,268 hectares of land and maritime environments. This is Taiwan's most densely populated national park, and it includes large stretches of
agricultural land's providing visitors with a view of typical Taiwanese rural life. In addition, the national park includes mountains, forests, pasture, lakes, sand dunes, beaches, and coral reefs imply everything you could desire when you want to get up front and personal with Mother Nature.
Oluanpi Lighthouse
"E-Luan" also call” Olanpi Light House” is the transliteration of sail in Paiwan Tribe’s language. It is because that there is a sail-like reef rock in this place. "Bi" means protruding. Since this place is a cape, it is named "E-Luan-Bi". The scenery here is naturally beautiful and fascinating; therefore, E-Luan-Bi Park is established according to its original landscape. E-Luan-Bi Park covers an area of some 59 hectares and is located in the most south part in Taiwan. It is also the demarcation point between Pacific Ocean and Bashi Channel. E-Luan-Bi Park is a recreation area of both natural and cultural landscape which is listed as one of the eight nature wonders of Taiwan.The whole area of E-Luan-Bi is rising coral reefs. Giant reefs are everywhere. Further, it is eroded by strong wind and sea water for a long time; there are countless kinds of rock landscape.
Including Fei-Fei Cave, Ancient Cave, Quiet Valley, Porcupine Rock, Qing-Tian Rock and Kissing Rock, they all are famous reef landscape in this area. Only hearing of the names can make people imagine how different the rocks look like. Walking along the well-planned trail inside the park, every so often you can find screw pines, portia trees, Philippine ebony persimmons and Paatii growing everywhere on the rocks. And, those plants are never lonely. There are always birds and butterflies staying with them. Large tree nymph, birdwing butterflies, gray tree pies and Taiwan bulbuls seem to live here. The ecology of plants and animals in E-Luan-Bi Park is quite expectable.
Maopitou
Maobitou is located in the west cape of southern Taiwan, right on the demarcation point of Taiwan Strait and Bashi Channel. Since there is a rock falling from the sea cliff which looks like a crouching cat facing toward the sea, it is named Maobitou. The whole area of Maobitou is a typical erosional landform of coral coast which just faces windward and has abundant sea erosion. It is an excellent land form classroom with various scarps, reef
columns, sea trenches, sea erosion caves and pot holes. From the trail aside Maobitou Tourist Center to the observation deck, standing on the deck on the cliff, you will see the boundless scenery of blue sky and sea. Although sky and sea are in the same color, the left side is Bashi Channel and the right side is Taiwan Strait, standing on the demarcation point of sea is such a wonderful experience. From here, you can overlook many famous and beautiful scenes on Hengshun Peninsula. From the left front land, they are SanTai Hill, Nan Wan, DaSanMu Hill, XiaoGien Hill, MenMaLao Hill, DaGien Hill, KenTing National Forest Recreation Area, Big Bay, DaYuan Hill, Xiao Wan, Chuanfan Rock, HsianGioWan Eco-Protection Area, ShaDao and E-Luan-Bi. 
 
This day was a very scenic day! It was so beautiful and very interesting to hear all the history behind it. It is the second time I have seen the ocean. It is the same ocean though. haha I saw the Pacific when I was in California and now I have seen it from the other side in Taiwan. All the water we saw was so blue and clear. From high up you can see where the coral is located under the water. I could see the dark tones and maybe my pictures show them. It was so beautiful! On this trip my tour guide told us about the aboriginal people of Taiwan. It was interesting to hear because a lot of it is similar to the history of the Natives in the States.  The hotel we stayed at was run by aboriginal people and they were very nice. Not many spoke English though. The light house was very cool too because on one side it was the Bashi channel and on the other was the Pacific Ocean. It was pretty cool to see where they met. So here are my photos.
Taiwan Strait











Bashi Channel






light house























my hotel












Day 4 Night 5
East Coast National Scenic Area
The East Coast National Scenic Area, known as "Taiwan's last unspoiled land," stretches 170 kilometers down the east coast of the island from the mouth of the Hualien River in the north to Xiaoyeliu (Little Yeliu) in the
south. To the east it is bounded by the Pacific Ocean; to the west rises the Coastal Mountain Range. The land here consists of volcanic rock, classic rock from deep beneath the sea, and shale that has been pushed upward-and is still being pushed upward- by tectonic action. Weathering, erosion, and accumulation have produced a wide range of land forms here, including coastal terraces, sand and pebble beaches, shoreline reefs, inshore islands, and capes along with sea-eroded platforms, trenches, and caves. This varied topography provides habitat for a rich diversity of flora and fauna. The East Coast is the primary homeland of the Amis aboriginal tribe. Amis villages' dot the coastline and the harvest festivals that they hold in July and August every year offer visitors an opportunity to gain insights into the culture of this unique people. Before the Amis settled here there were prehistoric peoples who came and went, leaving a rich store of artifacts and ancient sites that can still be seen today. Among the more modern cultural features of the coastline are enchanting temples, churches, and quaint fishing villages. This rich store of natural and cultural assets prompted the Tourism Bureau to establish the East Coast National Scenic Area in 1988, and to engage in the active development of the leisure resources here. 
 
This was another day of mostly just seeing scenic views of the coast line and then we headed to the marble factory and gorge. It was really pretty and it was lot of bus riding. It was very nice to not have to hike as much on this day. They hotel was also in a remote area and was very pretty. It had a rooftop pool which was really nice. They also had hot tubs. I went to them in the evening with Ann and Billy. We also saw Ivy later there and she talked my ear off. haha She was really cute. We also had bats flying over us when we were at the hot tub. It was kind of cool. 



The stepping stones








Aboriginal people singing

There is Ivy



pebble beach

8 arch bridge


We weren't allowed to take them.













Marble factory







Mother bridge













My hotel





The view from my room




around my hotel












roof top pool

Dinner

Dessert that I shared with Ann and Billy



The front of my hotel

 Day 5 Night 6
Taroko Gorge
Taroko became a national park in 1986, including Hualien County, Nantou County and Taichung City. Taroko is famous for its spectacular mountains and marble canyons. Cliffs and canyons stretch along Liwu River.
Four million years ago, the island of Taiwan was formed by the collision of plates. After millions of years of wind erosion, the marble rocks were exposed and cut by Liwu River, creating impressive grand canyons. From
Qingshui to Nanhu Peak, the drop height is 3,742 meters. Such special geography has also bred special flora and fauna in this area. The waterfalls characterized Taroko National Park and the most famous ones are
Baiyang Waterfall, Yindai Waterfall, Changchun Waterfall, and Lushui Waterfall. Swallow Grotto (Yanzikou) and Tunnel of Nine Turns (Jiuqudong) are the most impressive natural scenes in Taroko and the canyons here are the narrowest. Tourists can appreciate the natural beauty along the tour track. Swallows nest on the cliff, chirping and flying backforth. The Taroko monumental is designed in Chinese style and Changchun Temple is to remember 
 
So this was the last day of the trip. We went into the gorge more and did a little bit of hiking. It was a lot of fun and very pretty. We also went to a shrine that was dedicated to all the men who died building the highway that we used to get into the gorge. It was very nice and kind of sad. However, before we left in the morning Ann, Billy and I went to hike the temple by our hotel. It was so pretty and we saw monkeys! It was so cool because they were so close. In the gorge I took pictures with Ann and Billy, my tour guide Alan and Ivy. When we returned to Taipei around 6 I met up with Ann and Billy and we went to the Shilin night market which is one of the biggest and probably most famous in Taiwan. It was really cool to see and of course I ate more food! I love street food! 


to the pagoda and temple










At the pagoda

The view from the pagoda




My hotel from the pagoda



The monkey is on the railing

As we walked down we ran into a family of monkeys





This one came close to say hi





Into the gorge














Ivy and I. Leave it to me to make friends with the 6 year old! haha















My tour guide Alan and I

Ann, Billy and I


The shrine
















the Pacific Ocean

This was for tips and since my tour guide knew I came from Korea he wrote it in Korean. haha

My lunch. Spicy Chicken, stinky tofu, bamboo, ham, egg cooked in tea, bok cho and mixed vegetables with rice. It was pretty good and it only cost me 2 dollars US


Mango mochi! Yummy

The night market was so full


Beef fried rice and oyster omelets.

Coconut milk bubble tea /boba tea



 Day 6
Well I didn't do much on this day since I was flying out back to Korea. So I really just got up and ate breakfast. I then got the bus to the airport. I checked in and hung out at the airport till I got on my plane. Saw some interesting things in the airport and I am sad I couldn't find a music store during my time there, but none the less I had an amazing time and I would love to go back and visit sometime. It was such a great experience for me since I never traveled to another country by myself for a long period of time, but I really enjoyed it! I am happy I did it and I didn't let the fear of getting lost or anything stop me from going. I am glad I did a tour because I met a lot of cool people and learned so much! It was a wonderful time and I would highly recommend people to go visit Taiwan. I feel like not many people go and visit Taiwan and Korea and it is kind of sad because they are both wonderful places to visit. Well that is all I have for now. I will tell you all about this week and the concert in the next update! Until then have a wonderful rest of the week! Besos!
In the airport


Leaving Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment