Sunday, October 14, 2012

Field Trip, wedding and frustration!!!

Oh where to start? To say the least my week has been super busy and crazy! Okay I will start with the field trip.  I went on my first ever field trip with my kids this week. I went with Megan and between the two of us we teach 6 out of the 7 classes! Needless to say we were very popular on the trip! I was on the bus with Davinci and they all shouted when I got on the bus! I felt like a celebrity or something!!! Emily from Edison saw me when she arrived and started to shout my name! I have never seen her so happy to see me!  It was really cute!! So anyways we went to a big open space in Sowan to gather leaves and play games! My kids saw real ducks and chased them into a corner and trapped them! Then they quacked at them!!! It was the funniest thing!  I enjoyed my time with my kids.  So I took a few pictures!









Okay so I also went to my second Korean wedding!!! Again very efficent! It was crazy how fast it was.  It started at 4:30 and at 5pm. We ate from 5 to 6 and that was it! It was a very nice wedding and my friend looked so happy! So I have some pictures of that!

Haris

Me

Leah



The mothers








Bowing to her family

Bowing to his family


Bowing to everyone that came


Family


cutting the cake




really loud poppers!
I had a lot of fun at the wedding even if it was short! :) So about my frustrations this week.  So in 2 weeks my kids have workshop.  It is a Saturday performance. The 7 year old are putting on musicals while the younger classes have scripts that their teachers have written and a ballet performance. So to say the least I am running around like crazy trying to get my kids ready! Very stressful especially when your kids can't remember their lines!!! This however isn't my biggest frustration! Trust me I know everyone is busy and going crazy because of this thing, but when you are supposed to be teaching a class and forget your kids for two periods in a row it gets annoying.  This has happened to my Edison class 3 times in 2 weeks.  I understand my Korean teacher has to take care of her other class because they are far worse, but she could tell someone right? To say the least I ended up teaching two different classes at the same time. You ask how right? I had to bring Emily and Aiden into my Davinci class and teach 2 lessons!!! Emily and Aiden speak pretty fluent English whereas Davinci does not! Not even close to the same level and luckily for me I can give Edison instructions and they can work quietly and I can teach Davinci!!! I only found out that my Korean teacher for Edison because Barbara teacher came and asked what she should give them to work on. She took them for one period and I took them for the last period of the day. Barbara found out they didn't have a teacher when Edison went to Einstein's classroom looking for me. Barbara went to ask Catie and Catie sent her to me because I know Edison like the back of my hand. Catie is still learning and on paper is supposed to be in charge of them but guess what I am!!! I honestly can't be an effective teacher by teaching 2 classes at once. I am lucky that Emily and Aiden are smart enough that I can give them a writing assignment with a few key words on the board and they can do it on their own. I can't do that with Davinci! Lucy teacher (co teacher for Davinci) asked me if I wanted her to take Davinci and I would go teach Edison and I told her no I will teach them both because I hardly spend time with Davinci either so I want and need to teach them too! It isn't the first time I have had to do this but lately it has gotten old. The worse part is that it is always them and they always come look for me! I feel horrible because it isn't fair to them! Okay done with the ranting!  To end on a happy note I have some funny videos of Emily, Aiden and I (but you only see Emily and Aiden).  So enjoy and have a great week! Besos!!!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment