Sunday, July 8, 2012

I saw dead people!

So this weekend was pretty busy for me. Leah (one of my friends and coworkers) had her dad and his wife in town.  They came last weekend, but I didn't meet them until Friday night.  They are very nice people and I hung out with them all weekend.  Friday night we got food and we went to a German beer house. They had live singers at the bar and Leah and I had a funny thing happen to us.  So the singer decided to sing a Kpop song called Roly Poly.  Well Leah and I know the song and were singing the song. She could see us because we were at the front table by the stage. So after the song she is telling the crowd in Korean that she was surprised to see the foreigners singing.  Well as Leah and I were listening we started laughing because we understood what she was saying.  Well because of this she starts asking if we speak Korean.  So in turn we tell her yes and that we understood. This lady was so in shock she just kept saying "really? really?" which is "jinja jinja" in Korean.  We had a little conversation with her, but the funnier part was not only did we surprise the singer but all of the Koreans in the German beer house.  It was so funny, because the never expect foreigners to speak any Korean. 

So on Saturday we went to the tombs hence I saw dead people.  lol Okay I know it is lame but I needed and title and that is all I can come up with.  haha Anyways I have some pictures.  We saw 2 kings and 1 queen. 
This is the house you will see next.




So as we were walking around the tombs this is what I saw! I guess I own a hotel!!! lol


This is a small temple.



The higher steps are for spirits of the Kings and you are not allowed to walk on them. They have spirit stairs too.


Tomb of  King Jungjong who was the 11th ruler. He is the second son of King Seongjong and Queen Jeonghyeon.





This is the Tomb of Queen Jeonghyeon





Tomb of King Seongjong the 9th King.







front gate with the kings walkway and spirit walkway

Okay so as you can see there are a lot of pictures of the tombs. It was really interesting that Father, Mother and Son were all together. Also this weekend I saw The Amazing Spiderman which was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. I ate a lot of good food. Had really good fish for dinner today and really good chicken yesterday.  I really enjoyed getting to know Leah's dad.  He reminds me of my mom which made me a little home sick for my mom. :) (yes mom I miss you!) hehe anyways this past week was the 4th of July.  The other Americans and I had dinner together to celebrate and we wore red, white and blue and had our kids shouting Happy Birthday America. (Some of the kids though it was all the American teachers birthdays so I kept hearing Happy Birthday Tara Teacher. It was cute.) Also my older Kindy class came in wearing blue and white and I was wearing red. So of course I had to take pictures.
I love this one! My little Emily is so cute!!!

Emily and Aiden

and one more!
Well that is about it for this week. I am super tired so I am going to get ready for bed since I have to work tomorrow and a busy week ahead of me. So I hope everyone is well and I hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!!! Besos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment